Are you currently doing more than a debt repayment payment per month? Are your car payments too heavy to bear?
By answering yes to these questions, maybe it’s time to regain control of your debts and apply for debt consolidation. With this one, you will be able to:
1. Simplify your debts in easy-to-manage installments
2. Save money on interest
3. Pay your debts and be proud of them
4. Have peace of mind as you work to end your debts
If you believe that a debt consolidation is your best choice, here we have all the information for you- sallie mae consolidate private loans DEDEBT.
Use the equity of your home
If you currently own a home, you can use the equity of it to consolidate your debts. The equity of your home is a portion of your home that you own. That means that if your home is worth $ 250,000 and you have paid back $ 100,000 of your mortgage, you have $ 100,000 in equity in your home.
You can use the $ 100,000 equity of your home to get a loan and consolidate all your debts under the same loan. This is obviously an option for people who are homeowners only but for people who do not have a home, the equity of your vehicle is also an option.
Use the equity of your vehicle
Like your home, your vehicle has equity. If you need a high debt consolidation loan, the equity of your vehicle will surely not cover it, but for those who do not own a home, the equity of a vehicle is a good option.
Choose an unsecured loan
If you do not own property that can be used as collateral for a debt consolidation, you can apply for an unsecured loan. Unsecured loans are generally lower than secured loans; the maximum amount you are entitled to be approximately $ 15,000. They also come with more risk for lenders than for secured loans but make sure you know all the prerequisites before applying.
The benefits of a debt consolidation
Here are some of the benefits that come with debt consolidation, if you have loans for consolidation ٩( ๏ ๏)۶; they should help you make better choices for you and your financial situation.
1. Your payments will be fixed payments that are affordable and hard to forget.
2. Often, you can consolidate your debts at a lower interest rate.
3. You’ll know it will take how long to pay off your debts
4. Fees for services and charges are generally very low.
The disadvantages of a debt consolidation
While debt consolidation is a great option for many, it still has disadvantages. But do not worry because most, if not all, financial decisions come with advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the disadvantages that you must know before making your decision.
1. A guarantee is usually required
2. A decent credit score is not required but definitely a plus
3. An unsecured debt consolidation loan usually comes with a higher interest rate
4. You will have to repay your debt in full, but you will simplify the task by having one payment at a time.
What are your chances of being approved?
Unfortunately, only your respective situation will guide whether or not you will be approved for a debt consolidation loan. We can, however, give you some advice and tell you what lenders are looking for. If you are approaching a bank to get a debt consolidation loan, you will have to meet some requirements, including the following:
- Not a history of several late payments on your debts
- No big spots on your credit report, such as overdrawing credit accounts
- An income that is high enough to pay off your debts
- Not an astronomical debt amount
We know that these requirements can be daunting. But the good news is that getting a debt consolidation from a bank is only one of your options. You could instead turn to personal loans from a private lender or even ask someone around you to co-sign your loan.
By asking someone to lend you money, there will always be requirements to meet and things to do, but keep in mind the light at the end of the tunnel and the sense of pride you will have after repaid all your debts and live without them.